 General / 39929
Re: Any thoughts on making bricks in a 'brick red' color?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 05:13:50 GMT

In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek writes:

and where DID he get those pieces? One wonders.

No need.  It's all a matter of priorities.  All parts I used can be easily had
on Bricklink.  Yeah, it may cost you a pretty penny, and it may even take a
while to accrue the necessary amounts, but what's so mysterious about that?

The real wonder was when we were doing it *before* Bricklink, in the days of
auctions, little trades, and various personal web site stores.  I literary
spent months and $100s collecting 1x1x1.3 half rounds
(http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=6091) and light gray corrugated
bricks (*before* the days of the Mos Espa Pod Racer set) to build my first 8
wide passenger cars.  Back then, one needed to be pretty creative in the parts
acquisition department.  Today it's as easy as separating 2 Bestlock bricks.

JOHN