 General / 39897
  Any thoughts on making bricks in a 'brick red' color?

Anyone besides me think that this would make a nice color to have for constructing realistic looking brick buildings? (URL) had hopes that the sand red might be a good substitute for real bricks, but it's a bit light. The dark orange (a la Yoda's (...) (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Any thoughts on making bricks in a 'brick red' color?

(...) I like this idea for a new red color for bricks. I do think that it would be hard to convince Lego to deviate from such a traditional color - heck, my parents sets used white and red in the 60's. If George Lucas would only make a spaceship in (...) (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Any thoughts on making bricks in a 'brick red' color?

(...) excellent color for modeling brick buildings (having actually made one myself: (URL) we need is for TLC to come out with some bulk packs in this color and we'd be set:-) JOHN (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Any thoughts on making bricks in a 'brick red' color?

(...) umm.. color me "confused". Are these the same colors or just very close to each other. It's always dangerous to guess from electronic images, but to these tired old eyes they seem pretty close? ah... the offical color is R04. R02 is (...) (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Any thoughts on making bricks in a 'brick red' color?

(...) 'Tis true. They are pretty close to me as well. In my own defense, all I can provide is that I made my posting based on three things: 1) Not having seen a building/model like that, to know that such bricks apparently already exist. 2) Thinking (...) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Any thoughts on making bricks in a 'brick red' color?

(...) 2 points... - easy tiger, J2's head is swelled enough as it is :-) But ya, it's nice. and where DID he get those pieces? One wonders. - I think they *have* seen them. OK, I know "they" have seen them. Jake reads the same newsgroups we do and (...) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Any thoughts on making bricks in a 'brick red' color?

(...) No need. It's all a matter of priorities. All parts I used can be easily had on Bricklink. Yeah, it may cost you a pretty penny, and it may even take a while to accrue the necessary amounts, but what's so mysterious about that? The real wonder (...) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.general)

  Sand colours (Was: Any thoughts on making bricks in a 'brick red' color?)