 General / 3961
Re: Sith Infiltrator Comments
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 5 May 1999 04:01:40 GMT

One more comment.  In the instuctions, Darth's Sith Infiltrator is stolen by
Jawas.  Notice in one of the end frames, the Jawa cartoon actually has a
minifig hand.  I take that as proof that there will be Jawa minifigs in some
future episode 4 set.  Maybe a big sand crawler set like shown in the UK Lego
magazine.  Cool.  Hope they figure out a good way to make them shorter then a
regular minifig.  Much like Yoda should be.  By that matter, young anakin
should be a short minifig too.  Anyone remember the original snagletooth(sp?)
action figure from the the Original Star Wars movie.  If my memory serves me
correctly the first version was either taller or shorter then the future
releases of the action figure.  Thus making the original release very
collectibile. Maybe the full sized anakin minifig will be replaced with a
shorter one at somepoint, thus making Original sets like Anakins Pod racer and
Mos Espa Pod racer ultra rare because they contain the full size anakin.

It wouldn't be the first time Lego has changed an element part way through the
product life cycle.

For that matter, maybe future releases of Naboo Swamp will feature a painted
Jar Jar head.  Thus making the sets with the unpainted head ultra rare.  Maybe
I should keep those boxes sealed just in case.  Nope.  It's lego, it's meant to
be played with.

Ben

In lugnet.starwars, Tamyra Teed ("Mookie") writes:
I'm a little disappointed.. when I watched the trailer.. I saw this
ship.. and said I want that one.. and when I built it.. it doesn't
really look as sleek at the one in the trailer.. also I think it should
have been darker.. unless the ship in the trailer wasn't really this
one.. just one like it..
Otherwise as far as the set goes.. it's another great source for tiles!
it's got 14 1x4 tiles.. 12 blue and 2 red ones. and a good source for
grey plates!
I will admit it does make a good looking Tie if you take off the front
nose. That's probably what I'll do with it most.. just let it be a Tie..
and make a few mods to the "back" of it..
Maybe turn it into a Bomber Tie... hmmmmm
off to do some mods!

Tamy