 General / 39331
  Harry Potter; Overrated?

If you like Harry Potter, you'll probably find this article quite ludicrous...and if you have not yet read the series, this article contains a myriad of spoliers as well. (URL) you don't like it, post your opinions on slate's message discussion (...) (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Harry Potter; Overrated?

I enjoyed the Harry Potter books that I borrowed from my folks. I didn't think that they were as great as the hype. They were fun, but imminently forgettable. Kinda like a good comic book, entertaining with perhaps a moral or two, but nothing to (...) (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Harry Potter; Overrated?

(...) Be careful... my suspicious mind says this article is a setup, that Chris isn't being entirely serious, and that he might be trolling for passionate defenders for some deeper purpose. But that's just my cynical opinion. (I'm in the camp that (...) (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Harry Potter; Overrated?

(...) Not much of an HP fan myself, I read the books, not for the hype, but simple due to the fact I needed a good read. They were okay, I would admit, but I think mister Chris Suellentrop went a little berserk bashing poor Harry. (ouch!) (...) I'm (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.harrypotter)