 Harry Potter / 1235
Re: Harry Potter; Overrated?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Sun, 10 Nov 2002 20:18:03 GMT

I enjoyed the Harry Potter books that I borrowed from my folks.  I didn't
think that they were as great as the hype.  They were fun, but imminently
forgettable.  Kinda like a good comic book, entertaining with perhaps a
moral or two, but nothing to live your life by or through.

I agree with many of the writer's comparisons and analysis, but I don't
harbor the kind of vitriol that I sense lurking underneath his words.
Personally, I wouldn't waste my time writing a critique as this as I
wouldn't consider it worth the effort.  Harry Potter is extremely popular,
but that's no reason to hate it or tear it down.  If it brings joy and
happiness to people than that's a good thing.

BTW, while you could say the same about Star Wars . . . oh, forget it, I'm
not gonna stoke that fire again!

Dave

"Matt Hein" <Pyrokid17@hotmail.com> wrote in message
If you like Harry Potter, you'll probably find this
article quite ludicrous...and if you have not yet
read the series, this article contains a myriad of
spoliers as well.

http://slate.msn.com/?id=2073627

If you don't like it, post your opinions on slate's
message discussion board, and show mister Chris
Suellentrop what you think.

Peace out,

<<_Matt Hein_>>
Fellow lego enthusiast