 General / 38314
Re: The unreleased set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 21:31:11 GMT

"Michael Arrighi" <michael_arrighi55435@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:H21Ap6.E99@lugnet.com...

I would love to see this set released!  I have all other town sets from • the
original 6300-6699 series and could never figure out why the particular • kit
in question wasn't released.

Does anyone out there have any information on set 6500?

I have the 1996 retailers catalogue that the picture came from, but have no
further information. Perhaps it was canned because by the time it was due
for release, perhaps later in 1996, LEGO had already committed to going
'junior' the next year. And, let's face it, the set is not very exciting to
a 7-10 year old compared to other sets that were available at that time,
such as the Town space shuttles &c.

Huw