 General / 38083
38082  |  38084
Subject:
When 6 hours becomes 6 seconds
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.cad, lugnet.org.us.texlug
Date:
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 06:38:55 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Yes, I'm writing this post because I want attention.

But not in the way you think I am.

I'm not looking to get my ego stroked as much as I am looking to have my skills
validated, good or bad (of course ego stroking isn't bad, don't get me wrong
:)).

You see, my biggest lego MOC, as some of you may know, is my novella, and as
such most of my time and energy go into it.

However, I am quite aware that most people don't like reading lego stories,
they just like looking at creations.  And that's fine by me, I already know
that the number of people who like to read stories is magnificantly dwarfed by
those who only read Lugnet for creations (which is the whole reason for
Lugnet's existance for goodness sake).

That being said, I wanted to show off two pictures that took me a total of six
hours to create, and I just couldn't bare to let them only be seen for the six
seconds it takes to look at them by those willing enough read my story.

First, since they do belong in a story, I think I'll should set up the pictures
a bit.  The pictures are of the same topic, same 'scene.'  It is an epic
conflict between my black dragon and red dragon MOCs.  The setting is the storm
covered sky over Ikros, to pre-answer questions as to why the backgrounds and
subjects are rather dark.
No actual dragons were harmed in the making of these pictures.  In both
pictures, both dragons were created in Ldraw and then rendered in POV-Ray,
which is why I x-posted to .cad.

And for those of you who follow the story, this will also be a preview teaser.

Now that you've skimmed over the rest of my post and actually want to see
something, here are the two pictures:

Formeathan blasting Tel'Karak Zrahl with his lightning breath weapon
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/savatheaggie/storypics/home08.jpg

Tel'Karak Zrahl breathing fire at the faster Formeathan
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/savatheaggie/storypics/home09.jpg

With the exception of the backgrounds (which were images from a clip art CD),
the pictures are entirely hand made.  There are no clippings from other
pictures, no insertions.  The dragons are ldraw and the special effects were
hand drawn in photoshop.

I hope you enjoy my work.

--Anthony
http://www.ozbricks.com/ikros