 General / 37713
Re: TRU Event???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 00:06:51 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jim Foulds writes:
In lugnet.general, Rob Doucette writes:
In lugnet.general, Jim Foulds writes:
I may be mistaken, so please bare with me, but I thought I read somewhere
that TRU was having some kind of Lego event this week?  Does anyone have any
info they could share to enlighten me?

Thanks for the help,
Jim F.

Camp Geoffrey had a SW LEGO building day yesterday from 2:00PM to 4:00PM, I
took my son to the York store.  They have different in-store events
Tues-Thurs during the summer months:
http://www201.toysrus.com/corporate_info/tru/promotions/dsp_info_campgeo_cal_july.cfm

They don't let you take the LEGO home, just build.  It was fun none the less.

-Rob.

Thanks for letting me know.  I am glad I am not going nuts yet :)

So what did yuor son/you actually do at this in-store event?  Was there just
a pile of pieces to play with or did they have entire sets to build/play with?

Entire sets.  They had a small table set up in the back of the store, near
the LEGO aisle with a few news sets on display (7143 Jedi Starfighter, 7119
Twin-Pod Cloud Car, 7163  Republic Gunship, and a 7153  Jango Fett's Slave
I).  We elected to buid the 7143.  We should have done the 7119 because we
ran out of time (I had to go back to work since I ducked out mid-day and Mom
was ready to go).  We built most of it and left the rest to another group.
The TRU employee said that the built sets would be sent back to the
manufacturer for credit.  If I had had the day off, we would have been knee
deep in 7163 ;-)

-Rob.