 General / 37702
Re: photoing legos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 10:58:31 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mark A. Taylor writes:
I have a Polaroid Digital camera PDC640, and still cannot seem to get good
pictures of my Lego creations, especially if they are built of black bricks.
AS I am trying to create a series of Twisted Metal offshot cars, this is a
problem. (Two of my cars so far, have been mostly or all black.). Any
suggestions of ways to increase then ability of the cam to pick up Black • bricks?
Thanks...
M. Taylor

Cameras that automatically set exposure (most digitals do) take an average
light level from the scene. Some have a "spot" mode where the light level is
measured from a centeral portion of the frame. If you camera hsa this option
try it. Often the camera sets the light when you "half push" the sutter. This
means that you lightly press the shutter button and the camera does the light
setting and auto focus. If you camera does this and the black bricks are not in
the center, "half press" the shutter button with the black thing in the center
and then reposition the camera (holding down the shutter button. If your camera
has a manual mode (my Olympus E10 does) go to that and experiment with fstop
and shutter speed (unless your LEGO is moving you can use a very long exposure
time). Since it is a digital camera, film is free and developing turn around is
almost instanious

Lester Witter