 General / 37696
Re: photoing legos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.publish.photography
Date:
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 20:05:32 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mark A. Taylor writes:
Any suggestions of ways to increase then ability of the cam to pick up Black
bricks?

I've had some success with using very dark backgrounds, and letting the camera
make adjustments.  I have a picture of three images of the same largely black
thing, using the same lighting, at
http://home.earthlink.net/~jherre/lego/black.html, with a off-white background,
a navy blue background, and again with a navy blue background but edited to
increase the brightness.  The blue background does have the annoying side
effect of making my camera adjust everything else so that it looks a bit more
yellow, but that can edited later.

John