 General / 37562
37561  |  37563
Subject:
Victorian LEGO collectors/users meeting 20/7/02
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.vic.mel, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 23:01:12 GMT

For those who didn't get the e-mail...

Just a short note to let those interested know that the next Melbourne Lego
collectors meeting will be held on Saturday 20/7 at the Amaroo Neighbourhood
Centre. There's maps showing how to get there at
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=7989 [Provided they're not
being verified by the site administrator] Street directions are also given
below.

They run an op-shop there from 9-12, but thats in a separate area, so we can
arrive (& leave) anytime we like...Starting time is still undecided, but it
should start in the morning sometime...probably 10AM

Feel free to come along and meet some of the other collectors in Victoria,
and see some of their creations. (and bring your own if you wish)

Additionally, feel free to bring along trade items, and wanted lists, and
you might just be able to help others while helping your own collection. [of
course, it's quite possible to arrange trades to be completed by email and
post/door-to-door delivery as well.] A good thing to bring along is old lego
catalogues...there's at least 3 collectors of these items who should
(hopefully) be there :) Also, town workers in hard-hats are wanted by
another collector. [feel free to start a parts-wanted thread from this...]

ALSO, unlike most previous meetings, there will be BRIKWARS this time. For
those who are interested in joining in, info is as follows:
rules will be 2000 edition [available at http://www.brikwars.com ]
Tech level 5
500 points per army. [if bringing your own forces, could you please provide
stats for units to allow more game time.]
A story can be decided on the day...although early suggestions welcomed.
If you're interested in participating, let me know, along with whether
you'll be providing a force to field, or if you'd like to 'acquire' an army
for the day. [or if you'll have extra units/armies that others can borrow.]
At present there are the equivalent of 2 spare groups of Brictorian forces
available to good commanders...and I may be able to find another 1 or 2.
[first in gets first choice of units/equipment]

And for both those participating, and those who aren't, any items for
scenery [buildings, hills, walls, plants, baseplates, etc] will be of use,
too :)

Street directions:

From city:
Take SE Fwy, left at Warrigal Rd, first right at Waverley Rd, 5th left
Amaroo Crt, 2nd right Bolwarra St. Car park is off Bolwarra St.

Or if you dont have eTag (or dont wanna pay!) take Dandenong Rd to
Warrigal Rd, then continue as above.

From anywhere else:
Once you're on Warrigal Rd you're set, as per above.

Public transport:
Take Glen Waverley train to Holmesglen station. Go right at
Warrigal Rd,
left at Batesford Rd, right at Margot St, left at Nioka St, right at
Amaroo Crt.

Benjamin Whytcross