 General / 37402
Re: Wishful thinking
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 4 Jul 2002 23:10:00 GMT

In lugnet.general, Brian Kendig writes:
I had an idea about the Lego set I'd really like to see.

Y'remember a couple of years back when Lego sold that big blue tub with all
the basic bricks in it?  1x2's, 1x4's, 2x4's, et cetera, in red, blue,
white, yellow, black, and green?

Well, *I* want the same kind of tub, with the same kind of bricks, in tan,
purple, light blue, brick red, orange, and light green!

Wishful thinking?  :-)

Nothing is impossible.  Remember when the idea of reissued old sets seemed
like a pipe dream?  I think it's just a matter of continually reminding LEGO
how important basic bricks will always be to building LEGO structures and
models.

I think there are LOTS of ways in which basic bricks (in different shape and
color configurations) could be distributed.  And I don't mean bulk packs
necessarily, although they are always a nice idea.

I had a concept for a LEGO series that was *sort of* along this line.  It's
a LEGO architecture series that is fully described on this page:

http://www.apotome.com/builder/letter-product-arch.htm

Perhaps not the best idea in the world, but ultimately the result would have
been more or less the same;  larger distribution of basic bricks, plates,
slopes etc.  And in various colors.

Let's just keep reminding them how important basic bricks are.  Imagine a
tub of tan, brick red and light grey.  Think of the realistic buildings you
could produce.  :)

All the best,
Allan B.

- Expert Builder website