 General / 3671
Re: Carlsbad Legofest Pics Online
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 1999 21:19:33 GMT

In lugnet.general, tcourtney@avenew.com (Tim Courtney) writes:
So Tim, are you also going to but negatives and backwards links as a
parallel to the positives and forward links (a la the book)

It was a thought, but I don't know if I want to take the time to do that.
Its not consistent enough -- I wish all the pics were the same size then
the next buttons won't jump around and such.  If it was that way, I would
be more apt to do the negative thing.
[...]

It looks like you have two things going on there -- (1) the heights of the
images vary, which in turn vary the vertical placements of the 'previous'
and 'next' buttons, and (2) the widths of the labels between the 'previous'
and 'next' buttons vary, which in turn vary the horizontal placements of the
'next' button.

To solve #1, simply move the 'previous' and 'next' buttons and the label to
the top of the page, right above the image.  To solve #2, simply swap the
horizontal ordering of the 'next' button and the image label.  It might not
be as visually agreeable anymore, but it would put both the 'previous' and
'next' buttons in the same spot on every page.  Might be worth trying on one
page and seeing how it looks...just my $.02.

--Todd