 General / 36557
Re: Ask Your Questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 14:53:50 GMT

In lugnet.general, Brendan Powell Smith writes:

OK, but I can easily see how people were confused.  You introduced
Jake as "Senior Producer with LEGO Direct", not even mentioning the
fact that he is also a LEGO hobbyist.  Plus, the first three of the six
questions so far on your site are about Jake as a LEGO employee,
not as a hobbyist.

Point taken.  However, there was a note at the bottom of the interview page
that asked readers to refrain from LEGO policy and procedure questions.  I
guess I should have placed it at the top.  Obviously my early questions were
setting the stage and introducing Jake as a LEGO employee and hobbyist.  I
think there is a real human interest story there.

I guess the further question is: would you be interviewing Jake at all
if he didn't work for LEGO?  (No slight intended toward Jake's fine train > creations, but are they enough to warrant an interview on a website
devoted to >advanced brick building?

I think so...you have remember that I have included trains as one of the
advanced areas.  His site, models, and articles are indicative of the
quality needed by the train group.  Let's face it, anything beyond regular
follow the instructions and create a kit could be considered advanced brick
building (your wonderful site and creations, in my eyes, could be considered
advanced).  Now granted, I am hoping for more than that, but at this point
in BimP's life I need to be patient as I am not receiving the submissions I
had hoped for.  Without content, BimP cannot survive.  If I cannot obtain
advanced content, I may need to lower my bar and consider "average" content.
Feedback such as this is exactly what I need to see what the LEGO community
wants in a mobile channel.

That said, I wish you the best of luck with the site.  It's coming along
nicely so far.  And thanks for the Brick Testament mention in the news
section.

Hey, absolutely no problem.  I love your site and your style!  Now if I
could only get you to use some of that creative humor to submit a cartoon to
BimP that characterizes the LEGO experience rather than the biblical experience!

Thanks for the constructive critique!

Steven B. Combs, Editor
Bricks in my Pocket (BimP)
http://www.bricksinmypocket.org