 General / 36226
Re: Me too!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish.photography, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 13:40:49 GMT

I've got a Kodak DC3800, and its colour balance is fantastic. It dosent have
an analogue zoom which means its not much use for long shots (I want on
holiday to Scotland and had lots of photos of scenery with tiny castles in
the middle)
but its great for close up work. I have found NEVER to use non-rechargeable
batteries. I get about 15 shots from duracells and about 100 from my
rechargables. go figure!

--
James Stacey
---------
www.minifig.co.uk
#925 - I'm a citizen of Legoland travelling Incommunicado

"Daniel Crichton" <danielc@helio.co.uk> wrote in message
I bought a Fuji A201 today - great camera! The macro seems a bit fuzzy,
although I've only had a couple of hours to play with it, and I ended up
taking photos of my TIE Interceptor using the normal mode, auto flash,
normal quality at 2MP, then resized in Photoshop from the 1600x1200 camera
resolution to 1024x768. Pics at
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=140551  and

The video mode is ok, but you only get 20 seconds of recording at a time.
The web cam mode looks much better than the picture I get on my Vision
Command.

I'm not a photographer, and in the past I've only ever had a couple of • cheap
cameras. But even a couple of my colleagues at work who have spent £500 -
£1500 (about US$700 - US$2000) on their cameras said the picture quality • on
this A201 was really good, so I'm happy that I've finally got a decent
camera. You need to get rechargeable batteries though - the Panasonic
alkaline ones that came with mine lasted for about 100 shots and 1 min of
video before giving out, with about 75% of the shots taken with the LCD
screen on.

Dan