 General / 36210
Re: Profitable year for LEGO?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 10:35:38 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

"Kevin McMillin" <mcmillins@prodigy.net> wrote in message
news:GtAnqB.8uz@lugnet.com...
Hi all,

The Financial Times has a short article saying that Harry Potter and • Bob the
Builder helped boost LEGO into a profitable 2001.

The full article can be found at:

http://news.ft.com/ft/gx.cgi/ftc?pagename=View&c=Article&cid=FT3GK1250ZC
&live=true&tagid=ZZZB2FVYA0C&subheading=consumer%20industries

This seems to be good news!

I see it as bad news for old-timers like me.

Their success seems to have come at the expense of the Lego values that
I hold dear, and as a consequence seems only likely to take Lego even
further away from what I would like so see, and more towards endless
- movie themes
- juniorisation
- theme specific parts
- collectables

And don't try to tell me about bulk bricks. 18 months on and it seems
there are less bulk bricks available now than when it started.

lawrence