 General / 36004
    My K'Nex monstrosity made it into the paper! —Chris Osborn
    The Napa Valley Register printed an article on the 18 foot tall K'Nex monstrosity that my cousins and I built in my living room. They even included a couple of color pictures on page 1D, plus a black and white one on the second page. Yes, the (...) (22 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

        Re: My K'Nex monstrosity made it into the paper! —Dave Schuler
   (...) Let them talk--there's nothing wrong with being outed! Dave! (22 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

        Re: My K'Nex monstrosity made it into the paper! —Chris Osborn
   (...) There's lots of pictures (and a movie) on my site at (URL) I don't know why the Register doesn't put their pictures on their site, maybe to get you to buy the paper? (22 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

        Re: My K'Nex monstrosity made it into the paper! —Maggie Cambron
   (...) LOL Chris, from the article it sounds as though you specifically chose the home you moved into to accommodate your MOS (my own structure)! BTW couldn't you have gotten the reporter to mention the L word at least once? Surely you also have a (...) (22 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

        Re: My K'Nex monstrosity made it into the paper! —Chris Osborn
     (...) Me choose a house just for that? Never! ;-) (...) I tried. I pointed out the size of my collection as well as that the telerobotic web cam that I was using during construction was made of LEGO. But I think since I had no plans to put it back (...) (22 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

        House Hunting (was K'nex or something —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) There's an old running gag in Model Railroading circles: you can tell the diehard MRR on a househunting trip, because the first thing he(1) does is check out the basement to see how the columns are laid out and where the furnace room is and (...) (22 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.storage)

        Re: House Hunting (was K'nex or something —Frank Filz
   (...) And I haven't been evaluating positions of closet doors and such in my apartment search... And the only reason I'm looking at two and three bedroom units is so I can have space for visitors to sleep... Frank (22 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.storage)

        Re: House Hunting (was K'nex or something —Frank Filz
   (...) Well, I just signed onto a 2 bedroom, 2 bath town house style apartment with double deep garage. It's 1245 square feet. I haven't decided exactly how things will be laid out, but I may build a train layout in part of the garage. It should (...) (22 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.storage)