 General / 35971
    the joys of volunteering —Kerry Raymond
   Sadly, rule 1 about volunteering is "you can't please all of the people all of the time". "You should have done it like <this>!" As a volunteer, you do your best with the people, time, money, etc available. You often know you could have done better (...) (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.general) !!

        Re: the joys of volunteering —Richard W. Schamus
     I try not to be much of a "me too" kind of guy around here. Mostly post like that just waste space. But this case is differant. I really think that Lugnet in general is a great place to get more from what you could possibly get from any other place, (...) (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.general)

         Re: the joys of volunteering —Dan Boger
     (...) [snip] Actually, I rarely touch the set or parts database. The LUGNET Guide is maintained mostly by Jennifer Boger, Joshua Delahunty and Suz. The parts database is maintained soley by Steve Bliss. I just muck with things behind the scenes :) (...) (23 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.general)

        Re: the joys of volunteering —Craig Roberts
     Hi Kerry, I must admit the world does need more volunteers. I have been a volunteer Fire Fighter for many years and fought the fires over Christmas and with a lot of my fellow fire fighters we are always there when the time comes. But it is very (...) (23 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.general)

        Re: the joys of volunteering —Ted Michon
     Well stated. I'm also fond of the saying that "no good deed goes unpunished". Watch out <g>! -Ted (23 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.general)

        Re: the joys of volunteering —Shona Brodley
     (...) I am a new lego fan that hasnt sent in my $10.00 yet, but i will be. I have had some much enjoyment from this site i couldnt begin to tell you. Not to mention the information and help that I have received. Users of this site seem to go out of (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.general)

        Re: the joys of volunteering —Mark de Kock
   In lugnet.general, Kerry Raymond writes: [snipped a lot of good stuff, go read the original post!] (...) I agree. I only wish I could find the time to contribute more to this wonderful place on the 'Net. I realy do. But at this moment I can hardly (...) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.general)