 General / 35918
  Re: Heavy Equipment Maintenance

(...) I'd guess a crane, theres one (was two) mine 100 miles from here, but I had never thought about the tires being changed! I know that they deliver them with a normal flat bed truck, simular to a logging pulp wood truck, that has a fairly large (...) (22 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Heavy Equipment Maintenance

(...) I know that there is a lot of preventive maintenance with the mining equipment, so my example is a little far fetched. Ross Crawford gave a good example of how they change out a tire in that situation. How about something a little more common (...) (22 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Heavy Equipment Maintenance

(...) With regard to preventative maintenance of truck tyres, you'll find most large mining trucks with dual rear wheels have a long strip of steel hanging loosely (from under the tipper) between the tyres of each pair. This is to dislodge any rocks (...) (22 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Heavy Equipment Maintenance

(...) OK, OK, today I watched a thingy on tv, the have these Hydralic jacks on trailers, like a normal pickup trailer, that lifts it, then the wheel it removed by a wheeled loader with a special claw. Josh (22 years ago, 9-Mar-02, to lugnet.general)