 General / 35804
Re: What happened to brickshelf?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 20:18:23 GMT

I'm still bummed out by the whole thing. I wish that he would have given us
warning that the instruction scans were going offline rather than just
*poof* they're gone. I know that there were about 15 or so instruction sets
that I wanted, but had always thought "well, I can get them later"...

To me, the instruction scans was the main attraction for Brickshelf. The
gallery scans were ok, but as a service not something that can't be found
elsewhere (and lately, too many of the gallery were bionicle this or that,
and quite a bit non-lego stuff showing up too).

In lugnet.cad, Aaron Dalan writes:
In lugnet.cad, Eduardo Vazquez Harte writes:
I found out now that the catalog and instructions in brickself are down.
NO!!!!! I need them I'm no finnish collecting the one that I had/have.

Will they be back?

Hopefully.  The Brickshelf site is making the transition from a hobby site
to a commercial site.  They have to make sure Lego will give them permission
to keep the instruction scans on there.  They are working on this issue, and
hopefully they will be back up soon.

Aaron D.