 General / 35741
35740  |  35742
Subject:
This just in ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 04:50:58 GMT

At least, this is new news to me. I hope that it is new to some of you as well.

I was perusing a game/toy distributor's list at my local game store this
afternoon, in which I spotted the following:

LEGO
Available in May
Studio:
1374 Studio: Green Goblin
1376 Studio: Spiderman Action Studio
Star Wars:
7103 Jedi Duel (saw a pic of this -- it has Yoda in it! Also, what is presumably
Anakin as a young adult.)
7113 Tuscan Raider Encounter (two Tuscan Raiders + other stuff I can't recall)
7133 Bounty Hunter Pursuit
7143 Jedi Starfighter
7153 Jango Fett Slave I
7163 Republican Guard Ship
8011 Jango Fett
8012 Technic Super Battle Droid

Bounty Hunter Pursuit contains two small vehicles. The Jedi Starfighter looks
kinda-sorta-not-really like Queen Amidala's ship from Episode 1. The new Slave I
looks like Boba Fett's might have before it got stripped down -- there are extra
smooth bits and other detailing that Boba Fett's does not have. Unfortunately, I
didn't get a look at Jango Fett. The Republican Guard Ship is ... strange. Just
... strange. I don't know how to describe it. It is big and boxy, and it has
several unidentifiable minifigs with it. The picture was in black and white, so
I can't give colors for any of them.

There weren't any pictures of the Technic sets or the Spiderman sets. (Too bad -
- I wanted to see what the Spidey minifig was going to look like!)