 General / 35712
35711  |  35713
Subject:
Collection Sorting Stories?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 16:11:51 GMT

To All,

I am in the process of totally re-organizing my collection. The last serious
attempt I did was in September, 1998, so it has been a few moons. As others
can affirm, it is a total, complete, mess.

Right now, I am in the process of sorting 2 different areas, one where I
want to keep the model, and some where it is parts. I am going through both
the sets I have acquired and for the existing stuff I have now. It is a hard
process, but one I must do. It was funny when I was going through the sets,
I must have stopped 5 or 10 times and thought, when did I get this? I didn't
know I bought these, or why did I buy so many of this set for? Amazing.

Also, I am working on finishing my BASIC brick sorting, I am about done in
this regard, outside of a few 3033's, which are sorted by bag. These are
going into 1 galloon ziplock bags, as per peoples thoughts I have heard.

I have about 20 boxes of parts that need sorting, everything from half built
stuff, to completed sets I don't want anymore, to new bags of parts from
various sets. As I am going through these, I find myself amazed at what I
have, whether it be tiles or minifigs or what have you. I found a ton of 2x2
yellow tiles, new, for my Shell Station. I have found parts that would have
been great for the train station, etc.

So, in conclusion, I have been rather amazed, astounded, and perplexed at
the lack of organization and the stuff I have. Does anyone else have similar
stories? It is fascinating to me!

I followed this to storage, I think it might be a good place. General might
be too, I'm getting a little gray on what goes where.

Scott S.