 General / 3553
3552  |  3554
Subject:
Playing and building (Was: TLG investigation 1st answers)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 13:20:44 GMT

Anders Isaksson (isaksson.etuna@REMOVEebox.tninet.se) wrote:

Mike Stanley wrote:

Dunno about everyone else, but I'd be hard pressed to find anything
besides Technic or Mindstorms in the current lineup that could keep a
child occupied for an hour or two.

And Anders Isaksson replied:

Mike, don't forget - for You, the _building_ is the thing, for kids,
_playing_ is the greater part.

It is my experience that both building and playing is
important (and it seems to be most fun when you play the
minifigs are building).

[...]

Let's never forget the _playing_ part - even Town Jr. can be used for
that!

So can Playmobil.

What made LEGO something different was (and partially still
is) that its flexibility allows you to use you imagination a
lot without the rather steep learning curve from Meccano and
carpentry.

Play well,

Jacob

--  E-mail:              sparre@cats.nbi.dk               --