 General / 35409
  Possible crawler-bot alert?

Hi, I just wanted to ask if there's any evidence we've been visited by a spambot lately--suddenly there's been an enormous spike in spam (two or three a day, up from one every six months) to my .msu.edu account, which I *only* use to post here and (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jan-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Possible crawler-bot alert?

Mr L F Braun wrote in message ... (...) I've been getting lots and lots of debt0reduction spams but not much in the way of cell-phones. Also lots of asian-language spam, but I blame that on our (VLC's) and my appeareance in a chinese-language (...) (22 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

"Kevin Wilson" <kwilson_tccs@compuserve.com> skrev i meddelandet news:GqtyyH.6A3@lugnet.com... (...) Nope, both debtreduction and asian-language are dropping in on my mail, in the order of 2-4 each day. This started suddenly (after Christmas?), and (...) (22 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Possible crawler-bot alert?

I would say I am having this problem also. I don't know the content of the ads as I tend to just delete them on sight. Maybe I am wrong about where the leak in my information is coming from, but what caught my eye is my FULL name in some of the (...) (22 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)