 General / 35400
Re: Shell promotinal sets at Wal-Mart?!?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 16:18:57 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ryan Schamp writes:
Howdy,
I live in DeKalb, Il and found in our Wal-Mart a whole section of Shell
promotional sets from 1997.  The sets are going for $1.  I thought the real
find among the bunch is that they are selling set 2556, the F1 Ferrari, for
$15.  My questions are does anyone know why Wal-Mart is selling these sets,
is it a national thing, and how did I miss the news?  I don’t know if this
is big news or not so I thought I’d share it with you all.

Ryan Schamp

P.S. I picked up two of the Ferrari since they originally were released
before I came out of my dark age.

This would be interesting. I'll have to check out the one here Tommorw.
While I highly doubt I'll find anything since they were never released in
Canada, it's worth a shot. Do you check the shelves everyday? Just wondering
what day they came out, most likely Tue.