 General / 35225
Re: BrickDreams is not Dead
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 08:26:06 GMT

Nice to know your still around!
you could try http://www.ozbricks.com/  they have free hosting.
Gary

Micah J. Mabelitini <accutron@communicomm.com> wrote in message
news:3C47AFEE.3CB5AC7A@communicomm.com...
Well, not exactly. I switched to a broadband provider several months
ago, and no longer have ISP-provided webspace (and I refuse to use any
of the spam-ridden freebie servers). I can host the site from my other
computer, but the program I'm using is a buggy freeware piece of junk,
so it frequently crashes and does other wonderful and mysterious things
to my computer.

Anyway, I've been kept away from Lugnet with real-life things (among
other things, my wife is expecting), and had no idea that anyone was
wondering about the site until I got an email today from somebody asking
me the whereabouts of BrickDreams. After that, I thought I better do a
news search and see if anyone else was wondering about the site, and
found quite a few mentions.

As indicated above, I don't have the hardware to effectively host the
site myself, but if someone would be interested in hosting it on a
decent server (Geocities, Tripod etc. need not apply), I'd be happy to
oblige. The site is currently about 8mb, but would of course get bigger
if I added any new scenes (which I would if there was any demand for it).

And while I'm here, I'll take the opportunity to mention that I got a
RIS 2.0 and a UCS TIE Interceptor for Christmas ;)

FUT to wherever's appropriate.

P.S.- Nice scene, Tim. I'm using it as my desktop picture now :)

--

Regards

Micah J. Mabelitini
LUGNET #918