 General / 35017
Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 04:50:25 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jon Palmer writes:
There might be a few who disagree with me on this, but I think something
needs to be done about this.  I'm very tired of checking out the BrickShelf
recent updates page to see it flooded with these annoying pixelated images.
I think this is just as bad as people using BrickShelf to upload pictures
for Ebay.

In case it's not already obvious, the Bionicle avatars and other images
are LEGO related and are very much welcome on Brickshelf.  Also, Ebay pictures,
as long as they are of LEGO products have always been welcome.

The Brickshelf gallery is a work in progress and many new features are
still in the works.  One of those features will be content tagging.  There
will be some standard keyword "checkboxes" and a free form for entering any
keywords.  Together, the standard and user created keywords will infer
"categories" that you will be able to search, browse and even exclude by.

This will maintain my goal of keeping all content publicly visible while
allowing much greater flexibility in viewing it.

I am also considering limiting the number of folders from each person that
show up on the recent page.

KL