 General / 3495
Re: Internation Building Idea Book #1 - 1960-67.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 1999 16:02:55 GMT

Anders Isaksson wrote:

Gary Istok skrev i meddelandet <36FA815C.F67AFCF2@umich.edu>...
[edited]
This is a reprint from RTL - Gary Istok.

Anders Isaksson wrote:
http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/ideabook.htm

I notice that yours is in Swedish (I assume).

That's correct.

I have a complete (mint) copy of
this book in German, as well as a few pages from an "international"
version that has no writing.

Lucky you!

If
you want to see what the cover of this book looks like, look at your
fellow Swede - Tore Erikkson's website.  There is a Swedish magazine
article dated 1960 that shows this same book:

http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Launchpad/4405/scans/lka_6038. • jpg

(That's Eriksson I think)

I really don't remember if it looked like that, but it's possible...
I notice the page is from the Swedish 'Donald Duck', this magazine
still exists, and Lego is still advertising in it!

Also, your book is missing a few pages in the back where you would • find
a copy of the Empire State Building, a European Embassy, a School, • and
a modern church.

Yeah, I know :-( I have the page with the modern church (just forgot
to take a pic), but the last one (inside back cover) is missing (as
the whole cover). I remember the Empire State Building... I'm also
missing two pages in the middle (9b, 10a), with animals/mosaic.

Any chance you could fix some scans of those missing pages, and send
me/tell me where to find them - I would love to have them all!

I love this book.

So do I. It was this book, my kids (and Gryphon Bricks) that made me
start creating the BlockCAD program - the goal is to recreate all the
models, in the book, with BlockCAD (no, not the models in the photos!
Only the right-hand pages).

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery.htm

OK, I've now gotten 3 requests (from USA, Germany, Sweden) to make a copy
of this book available. I'm going to visit a friend of mine on Monday
March 29, who has 3 scanners.  We are going to get the following things
scanned:

1) International Building Idea Book #1 (LEGO #238).

2) The entire "DER LEGO MOTOR hard cover book (LEGO #242).

3) At least 18 different 1960's Supplemental Parts Packs (including all of
the Architectural ones).  These provide an interesting endless supply of
wonderful pictures.

4) The (2) LEGO Window & Door Dealer parts boxes from 1958-61.

5) Pictures of the following sets:  #717 Samsonite Junior Constructor,
#725 Town Plan, #712 (Geschenkkarton) German wooden box set.

6)  Hopefully ..... my new finished cathedral, which I have been working
on all last week, and is nearly done.

For the 2 books, the scans will be in a thumbnail format.

Then everyone will be free to copy it.  I also do want to get a copy of
some of the above sets and items into the LUGNET database as well.

Stay Tuned.!

Gary Istok

P.S.  I will still need to get my fellow Michigan(ian) Larry Pieniazek
involved in this to get it onto my website.  He's a great guy  (buttering
him up).