 General / 3481
3480  |  3482
Subject:
Internation Building Idea Book #1 - 1960-67.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 18:33:00 GMT

This is a reprint from RTL - Gary Istok.

Anders Isaksson wrote:

Hi all!

I've tried to take pictures (no scanner yet!) of my old Lego idea
book. It must be from about 1960, I'm not sure exactly when - perhaps
someone else can give more details...

http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/ideabook.htm

The page is slow, and the picture quality is not the best, but you're
welcome to take a look.

Some of these models I have re-created with BlockCAD (see sig.)

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery.htm

Anders,

The book is the "LEGO International Building Idea Book - #1".  This book

was available from about 1960-67 in several different versions.  I
notice
that yours is in Swedish (I assume).  I have a complete (mint) copy of
this book in German, as well as a few pages from an "international"
version that has no writing.

This is really a collectors item, since it is LEGO's first idea book.
If
you want to see what the cover of this book looks like, look at your
fellow Swede - Tore Erikkson's website.  There is a Swedish magazine
article dated 1960 that shows this same book:

http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Launchpad/4405/scans/lka_6038.jpg

Your 1960 version is different from my 1961 version in one very
important
respect.  There are no LEGO wheels in your book.  They came out in 1961.

If you look at the blue castle type building on page 11 of your book,
you
will see the 2 towered version that I used to create a 4 tower blue
castle with courtyard, that is on my website.  Only I replaced all the
clear bricks with windows in my version:

http://my.voyager.net/lar/gistok.html

Also, your book is missing a few pages in the back where you would find
copy of the Empire State Building, a European Embassy, a School, and a
modern church.

I love this book.

Gary Istok