 General / 34869
Re: Best Minifig Head *EVER*!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.year.2002, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 31 Dec 2001 08:35:59 GMT

"Matthew Gerber" <matthew@digitaliris.com> wrote in message

--snip--

I just have to say that the minifig head in 4582 Racers Red Bullet is the
absolute *BEST* minifig head ever made! The expression is
classic...surpassing even the original Alpha Team Flex expression (the
re-vamped Flex just doesn't quite cut it for me). It's darn near
anime-style. Check it out if you've yet to see it (sorry for the quality, • my
scanner doesn't like 3D objects):

--snip--

While we're talking about new minifig heads, (Racers in particular) I'd like
to discuss *my* favorite.  I think the head from 4583 has gotta be one of
the weirdest heads I've ever seen.  I love it.  I spotted this dude back
when we had the first scans of the 2002 catalog.  What the heck is he?!  I
don't know but I like him.

I took some pictures of the head while it was trying on some different
bodies:

After the head was finished he got back on his ride.

Speaking of his ride.  I dig this set so much its nuts.  In a time when many
Lego themes seem to go downhill you do havta say that these little "Racers"
are better in 2002 then those *things* that came out this year.

Cool things about this set:

-Mister Crazy Head.
-the weird green slope in the front
-the 2 lime green fender things
-good tires (comes with 6)
-good wheels (comes with 6)
-trans smoke visor! (x2)
-oh yeah lets not forget the most powerful pull back motor (for its size) in
the universe.  Its not so much speed I notice with this thing as power.
This little thing will zoom over thick carpet and just keep going. I still
have no idea how long it will roll-- it always hits a wall.  I had it on my
kitchen floor and it bounced off the walls like a pinball.  (does 4585 have
the larger pullback motor thats been out for awhile?)
-also it comes with extra pieces not used in the instructions so you can
customize the ride. Neat.

Do yourself a favor and buy at least one of these sets. (When I can I'm
gonna by a couple of each.)

-Jon (who's gotta think of a name for Mister Crazy Head.  Hmmm maybe thats
it.)