 General / 34514
  Escher Hands (was Re: Gone soft...)

Hey Y'all: Okay, I tried to get something close to the Escher drawing hands that are drawing each other into existence, the results can be seen here: (URL) was a little disappointed with the resulting render for several reasons. One thing was that I (...) (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build.mecha) !

  Re: Escher Hands (was Re: Gone soft...)

(...) So this suggests to me that the translation of media should, to preserve the meaning of the piece, involve a translation of what is depicted. In other words: why not show the two hands building each other? TWS Garrison (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: Escher Hands (was Re: Gone soft...)

(...) Excellent work! Possibly a record for the number of complaints about one's own work, too ;-) Cheers Richie Dulin (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: Escher Hands (was Re: Gone soft...)

(...) Mwa ha ha ha! I mean, um... no, whatever gave you that idea? Seriously though, those are well done. The slopes and hands do a credible impression of rising from the page, and it's instantly recognizable, which is the usual point of a famous (...) (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build.mecha)