 General / 34060
34059  |  34061
Subject:
Is this bad design?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 01:26:24 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi all,

I've found the following interesting LEGO behaviour while working on the deck
for my bridge. It consists of (many) plates held together on the bottom by
technic beams. There's a picture of the construction here
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/RoscoHead/coathanger/big3.jpg. As you can
see, there's also small plates holding the technic bricks together. The result
I'm getting is shown here
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/RoscoHead/coathanger/big1.jpg and here
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/RoscoHead/coathanger/big2.jpg. In just over a
metre, the middle of the deck is raised about 1cm. In the context of the
bridge, this is actually a bonus, however I see it as generally a "bad thing".

And further to that problem, The side decks (which are only 4 studs wide) are
exhibiting a horizontal version of the problem, see the pics at
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/RoscoHead/coathanger/small1.jpg and
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/RoscoHead/coathanger/small2.jpg. You can see,
with the row of 1x6 plates next to the row of bricks, there is considerable
horizontal curvature, in addition to the vertical curvature! And this is
definitely bad for my bridge deck!

Has anyone else experienced this?

ROSCO