 General / 34047
Re: Old or New Lugnet.... I'll still take it!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 17:20:57 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jim Schifeling writes:
Boy .. I tell you I was just on RTL and I am overjoyed to have Lugnet. The
amount of rudeness and hostility on RTL is disturbing. Don't these people
know kids are going in there to read posts? If this is the "new" or "old"
Lugnet I'll take it anyday over the alternative. I'm embarassed to tell
people about Lego news groups. I don't want to be associated with the couple
of jerks who take every oportunity to use profanity to bash someone's
website and creations.
I like my Lugnet just fine. It is a kid friendly site that I can recommend
to friends, family and my customers. I have a good time every visit here and
very much enjoy the sense of community. Someone has to stick around RTL to
tell people to come over here but it ain't me brother, I'm done with that noise.

  Take your positivity elsewhere, you zany fellow.

  Just kidding!  It's nice to hear something cheerful about LUGNET when
often it seems that the tide tends toward the negative.  I agree 100% with
your observations of RTL--until about 2 years ago I frequented that
newsgroup, but I don't think I've posted to RTL even two or three times
since coming upon LUGNET.
  One thing that is to be commended about LUGNET in direct contrast to
nearly every newsgroup I've seen is that participants are generally polite
even in the midst of harsh disagreement.  There are lapses, to be sure, but
even these most often center on minor differences and pass quickly, rather
than decaying into protracted personal assaults.  Overall the LUGNET
community is helpful and supportive, especially when we learn of troublesome
events in one poster's life, or during times of great uncertainty, as we
witnessed so recently.
  So let me throw my vote in with yours; LUGNET of today isn't the LUGNET of
two years ago, but it's still a pretty nice place. (except for that no-good
Shiri Dori; she's never been anything but trouble...)  8^)

     Dave!