 General / 33966
Re: Lego Scaling
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 19:23:21 GMT

Well, Mr. Cardana, for my LEGO train cars and locomotives I'm designing, I
am using a scale of 1:40 (slightly larger than Lionel(R) trains). My
assumptions were based on taking measurements from a minifig, and assuming
it to be in the 5-6 scale-foot tall range, 1:40 was selected as easiest to
work from- 1 stud = 1 foot. For anyone interested in such trivia, one stud
measures out to 5/16". Thank you very much for serving our country, sir.

Totten OUT

In lugnet.general, Joseph H. Cardana writes:
I know I'm behind the power curve here.  If I wanted to build a ship, to
scale of the minifigs, How do I determine appropriate lengths and heights?
My friend Jennifer stated, to build an aircraft carrier to scale, it would
have to be 15 feet long. I want to model my '67 Impala into legos, to scale
of the minifig, what are the formulas?

Thank you for your time and energy,

Joe