 General / 33731
33730  |  33732
Subject:
LEGO system of play... is all about telling stories??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 18:13:36 GMT

I was reading an interview today over at Kanohi-Power.com with "Michael," a
PR guy with LEGO.  His answer to this question caught my eye...

Q: Do you think we'll see more story line based sets in the future since
Bionicle is selling so well?
A: If you look at the LEGO System of play, it really is all about telling
stories.  Our traditional LEGO play theme products all have basic story
lines and characters.  Licensed products like Bob the Builder, Harry Potter
and Star Wars all are story telling lines.  Even our LEGO Studios line of
moviemaking products encourages kids to use LEGO elements to tell their own
stories.  So, yes, certainly, there will be more in the future.

Now, I know there are many folks (myself included) that think adding a
storyline inhibits play with LEGO bricks slightly... and if TLC is riding
everything on this concept, then that doesn't really bode well for the future.

What are your thoughts?

- Steve

Full interview text at:
http://www.kanohi-power.com/231001news.htm