 General / 33488
Re: Alpha Team 6776 withdrawal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 3 Oct 2001 21:18:21 GMT

In lugnet.lego.announce, Suzanne D. Rich writes:

On Thursday, 20 September 2001, the LEGO Company took the proactive step of
withdrawing its Alpha Team product no. 6776 from retailers and stores worldwide.

Today I went to TrU in Matosinhos (Portugal) and saw a whole bunch of these
sets on the shelves. I asked the assistant if she had heard anything
concerning the withdrawal of the set, but she said she hadn't.
If LEGO has called the set back, this will probably be felt here only by
late October (deliveries are made at the end of the month, and it will
probably be the same time they will remove the set)
As a comparison, a couple years back when LEGO withdrew a Baby rattle(?),
all shops I saw had a small poster alerting parents to return the toy, and
that took only a couple of days since the news came in the paper.
Honestly, I am unsure of the determination TLG will have to withdraw the set
outside major markets (North America + North Europe).

Pedro