 General / 33461
Re: 6085 Black Monarch's Castle compared with 6091 King Leo's Castle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.reviews, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 20:21:25 GMT

In lugnet.reviews, Kerry Raymond writes:
x-posted to lugnet.reviews 8?)

Why bother? All you get is abuse if you do. I observe that in the opinion of
Richard Marchetti, I am a "nut" for having the audacity to compare the two
sets.

At least if you post reviews in loc.au, you don't get abused for having
written it. It's nice to have a friendly forum!

I've kind of noticed this trend over the last 6-12 months, and I'm not sure
if I'm alarmed by it or not... More and more I'll find very interesting
posts in the lugnet.loc.* and lugnet.org.* groups that really "belong" (or I
should say "would fit") in other lugnet groups (like general, build,
reviews, etc, etc).

Several times in fact I've responded (in one way or another) and people have
been rather suprised that their message was read by someone outside of their
area/org. Ofttimes I've contemplated adding lugnet.loc.au or
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto or lugnet.loc.uk (etc, etc, etc) to my skip-filter
settings, since much of what goes on there *IS* area/org specific. But there
actually are many useful (Ok, useful to *me*, as in more general) posts
going on in these area/org specific groups...

Not really a problem I guess, since I just skim titles anyway and look for
interesting ones via the web interface... Just wondering if anyone else had
noticed this...

Has Lugnet's (or the online Lego community's?) population grown to such a
point as to make particular groups overcrowded? At what point do people feel
like they're no longer in a "nice little community of friends" and think
they're in a "big community of alike strangers"?

DaveE