 General / 3298
    For those of you who have gone to LL Carlsbad —Tamyra Teed ("Mookie")
   I am just wondering, those of you that have gone, maybe you can tell me. How accessible is legoland for the handicapped? Wheelchair, scooter type access. are there area's where we wouldn't be able to get to at all? ie. stairs, very steep inclines? (...) (25 years ago, 17-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: For those of you who have gone to LL Carlsbad —Tom Stangl
     Tamy, I unfortunately did not look at the park in that way, so I can't remember if there were ramps or not. But judging by the demeanor of the employees AND attendees, as long as a chair didn't weigh 200 lbs, I'm sure anyone would help move it (I (...) (25 years ago, 18-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

         Re: For those of you who have gone to LL Carlsbad —Scott Edward Sanburn
     Since I work for an Aritectual / Mechanical Engineering firm do have some knowledge of this. As far as I know, all buildings accessible to the public have to comply to the 1993 Disabled Americans Act, which is why you see all new buildings having (...) (25 years ago, 20-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: For those of you who have gone to LL Carlsbad —Jeff Stembel
   I just got back last night (err, this morning I mean ;)), and I can't think of a single place that wasn't wheelchair accesible. Some of the slopes seemed a tad steep, but I don't know anything about the grades needed, so they may be fine. I hope (...) (25 years ago, 24-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: For those of you who have gone to LL Carlsbad —Tim Courtney
   (...) My mom rented a wheelchair for the visit at the park and my dad and I pushed her around. The park was excellent as far as accessability and none of the grades were too steep (in comparison to Sea World's underwater viewing ramps!) So minimal (...) (25 years ago, 25-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: For those of you who have gone to LL Carlsbad —Tamyra Teed ("Mookie")
   Thanks for everyone that replied, I do believe we'll have to take a trip to LegoLand soon! Build Well! Tamy (...) (25 years ago, 25-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)