 General / 32845
Re: missing piece
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general, lugnet.build
Date:
Fri, 7 Sep 2001 13:28:14 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Greg Perry writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Chuck Rex writes:
Sorry to bother you all with this, but nobody in my house cares at all, and
I need to share with SOMEBODY.

<snipped>

Does this happen to others?  Or is this just some unique scenario that is
probably symptomatic of some OCD-type disorder?

Just wonderin',

G.

If it's OCD-ish then I, too, suffer. :) I've been the same way since about
10 years old or so... at least that's the first instance I can recall where
I was "sure" LEGO forgot a piece. What you described is almost word for word
how I, myself, would have described what I go through mentally. I'm not sure
if I should laugh about it or be slightly frightened that others think like
I do.. ;P

I can honestly say that up until about 2 years ago (when SW came out) I
never encountered any parts missing.  That was the big 'bragging' point when
I'd talk to NonLEGO people -- I mean..how many companies can you say that
for..? Not may probably.

The first part that I found missing was a Darth Maul cape from the Jedi Duel
or whatever it was called. Since then I've had a few though the only one
that comes to mind was from an 8428 Turbo Command - one of the gray tubes
was missing.

I called about the tube and they actually sent me one of each size even
though the woman I spoke with in Customer Service was 99% sure she knew
which one I meant, just in case she was wrong - that impressed me.

I didn't call about the cape, though. Of course, now that I'm working in
castle a bit and could use it, I wish I had... but it seems like 2 years ago
is a bit reaching for my conscience's statute of limitations.. ;) I'm sure
they'd PROBABLY send it to me but...

Joel J