 General / 32521
Re: feedback swamped with starwars Ahhh!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 04:48:53 GMT

"Tim Saupe" <tsaupe@cinci.rr.com> wrote in message news:GI6wJq.F5M@lugnet.com...
Hello -

A couple of thoughts here -

       b) starwars is keeping Lego from putting out space legends and (hope-
fully) new, but cool space sets....

That's not true, as Brad just said the other day they were looking at Space
sets for the Legends line.

I wish we had more than just speculation to go off of for the whole SW
license/no spaceship clause rumor.  Unless I'm missing something a LEGO employee
said, isn't this all unconfirmed speculation?

My guess (and only guessing because I only have rumors to go off of) is that
they can do a re-release of previously copyrighted items for Space, but not
create new lines which will run in the _retail market_ while SW runs.

In making my rounds, I noticed a large Star Wars collectibles site had
mentioned the survey with a 'call to arms' for the Star Wars collectors to
go and vote heavily for Star Wars sets - I'm sure that has a lot to do with
it.

Unfortunately, things like this 'call to arms' upset the accurate feedback LEGO
Direct was seeking by putting out the survey in the first place.  Even in the
same way, a LUGNET member started anti-juniorization call to arms would (even
though I'd love to give a lot of anti juniorization feedback, I understand that,
and only wrote my fair share).

The SW LEGO line is definitely a positive part of the current offerings, but as
Ben expressed, there's more to LEGO than SW.  I wish those fans with the 'call
to arms' had shown some maturity...

-Tim