 General / 32302
    Re: new lego sets? are they crazy? —Jim Green
   <original snipped> I have (or had) been harping on the juniorized sets as well, mostly due to the quality of design, but after reading people's opinions I'm beginning to think there is room for the lines. Please excuse the analogy, but I think Lego (...) (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego)

        Re: new lego sets? are they crazy? —Josh Baakko
     (...) I think there is a Duplo catalogue... Lego should do like model companys: -produce the catalogue -add in a younger age range catalogue -and finally, a parts (bulk & special) catalogue good idea? The main one is free, the young age is free, the (...) (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.dear-lego)

        Re: new lego sets? are they crazy? —Bob Parker
     (...) more snippage (...) Oh, I'm still addicted to Lego, but it's the older sets that I'm buying from sources such as Ebay and Brickbay. The secondary market is the ONLY game in town as far as I'm concerned for the purchase of good Space and Town (...) (23 years ago, 6-Aug-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego)

         Re: new lego sets? are they crazy? —James Simpson
      (...) I very much agree with what you've said. I'm buying quite a bit from LD, but the rest of my purchases are now pretty much exclusively on the secondary market. IMO, the only retail theme that's worth the money is Star Wars, and though I'm a big (...) (23 years ago, 9-Aug-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego)

         Re: new lego sets? are they crazy? —Allan Bedford
     (...) These are comments that I think the LEGO company should read very very carefully. Here is a company who is being told by one of it's customers, that they can have more of his money of they simply produce more of the products that he wants to (...) (23 years ago, 10-Aug-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego)

        Re: new lego sets? are they crazy? —Allan Bedford
     (...) At the prices LEGO charges for any sets, it is hard to imagine classifying any of them as loss-leaders. Generally this is a sales tool used by retail stores as 'bait' essentially to lure you in with an item being sold at or below cost. Usually (...) (23 years ago, 10-Aug-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego)

        Re: new lego sets? are they crazy? —Tobias Möller
   Jim Green wrote: <SNIP> (...) Actually, not as much as I used to be. And I feel myself that juniorisation and weird things (Bionicle, Slizers, Jack Stone, the lack of a proper catalog) has part in this. My main concern is the catalog. Offering (...) (23 years ago, 31-Aug-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego)