 General / 32733
Re: new lego sets? are they crazy?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 18:56:07 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Jim Green wrote:
<SNIP>
I'm still addicted, aren't you?

Actually, not as much as I used to be. And I feel myself that
juniorisation and weird things (Bionicle, Slizers, Jack Stone, the lack
of a proper catalog) has part in this.

My main concern is the catalog. Offering certain items through the
Internet only is not a good idea IMO. I'm not 18, so how am I supposed
to buy everything I want (lego legends, bulk bricks, etc). Phone
ordering does not work in Sweden (or so I've been told) and my parent's
aren't overly happy with me still playing with lego, so they're
hesitating a bit about buying the stuff I want for me.

I built a spaceship the other day, sure, it was fun, but I feel that
somewhere between all those action-orinted bionicle sets and the
Internet shop, my love for lego faded a bit.

Sad but true.

--Tobias