 General / 32286
Re: Lego Future Endeavors.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 13:45:12 GMT

In lugnet.general, Kurt Richter writes:
In lugnet.general, Gary Istok writes:
Folks,

Today is my last day working for the University of Michigan as a
consultant.  So my gistok@umich.edu email won't reach me anymore (try my
home email at:
gistok@earthlink.net).

Starting tomorrow I am planning on taking all of summer off and have
some rest and relaxation (of course I said that last year, but got
called back 2 weeks later).  I will be spending a lot of time putzing
around the house, but even more time on LEGO.  I will be working on some
long dormant ideas for the "HISTORY OF LEGO" series, including a rewrite
of the Classic Window series (there are now at least 113 different types
and colors!).  I also want to do some articles on the Samsonite sets,
the history of Lego trees/bushes, and sloped bricks.

For those of you who have pending trades (Tom, Frank, Clark, John....) I
will be getting it all together this week, plus some "extras" for your
patience.

Again, I can be reached at gistok@earthlink.net.

And if I'm not at the keyboard, I'll be building, packaging Lego for
mail, wallowing in the Hot Tub, or working on the Detroit Tri-Centennial
(300 years) in July.

Happy Building,
Gary Istok

Hello Gerhard,

let's start on the history of LEGO. And make some up-dates on last years
discussions, like named beams.

Bitte melde Dich. Bis bald
Kurt

Welcome at Lugnet, Kurt!

I have had some discussions with Gary in the past and he mentioned your name a
few times, but he made a secret about your mail address.....

Just at this second I have a classic window question, which you or Gary
certainly are able to answer:

At eBay there is an auction with a classic window 1x4x2 in blue. I have never
seen such a window before. Do they exist, or is this a clone as some of my
friends think?
http://abacus.sj.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/8ed26d1e81371a71b1d4c0fe5/i-6_B.JPG

Have a nice weekend! And @Gary: I wish you luck for the new job and the window
history! I'm really looking forward for it.

Ben

visit my homepage at:
http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~rbeneke/lego/ben_abs.html