 General / 32019
32018  |  32020
Subject:
Some exciting things are happening!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.dacta, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 17:31:32 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

We've had some good stuff in the works for LUGNET. Two items are ready to
announce today.. I hope you'll be as excited as I am!

** LEGO Dacta joins LUGNET **
Pitsco - LEGO Dacta will now be participating in discussions here on LUGNET via
their own discussion area:
    http://news.lugnet.com/lego/dacta/
This area is for Q&A and community dialogue about the company and its products.
Like the LEGO Direct newsgroup already in place, this area is a two-way channel.
All of us can take pride in the fact that we were contacted by PLD based on the
quality of our community. I hope their presence will invite existing communities
of educators into LUGNET - forming a blend that would be beneficial not just to
us, but for students as well.

** Curatorships to be available in newsgroups **
We're starting a new program for member participation. Each discussion area
(newsgroup) may have its own "curator" - an individual member assigned access to
the web interface's news page for that group. It allows editing of sidebar
contents and the creation of new web pages for that group. These will be created
as FTX documents.

Info about writing FTX documents for building web pages:
   http://www.lugnet.com/publish/ftx/guide/

Curators may also collect related FAQ data for within their area and for
possible submission to a master FAQ, but curators shouldn't be defined as
"leaders of" or "experts in" their areas. Selection of curators will be done by
LUGNET Admin, but suggestions are welcome. Keep in mind that this includes all
the LUGs, as well as the theme groups and info areas.

Stay tuned for a more detailed announcement when this feature is activated.
Discussion about the program will take place in a new newsgroup:
   http://news.lugnet.com/admin/curators/

-Suz and Todd

--
    Suzanne D. Rich | LUGNET Admin <suz@lugnet.com>