 General / 30895
Re: !! NEW DINOSAUR SETS!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 03:01:54 GMT

In lugnet.general, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.general, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
  It's kind of heartening that people are unable to find
  prior references to such big things--
<snip>

Wait, *heartening*? Don't you mean disheartening? I think it's troublesome
that people could miss stuff like that. Maybe we should expand the "top
news" category a little... I mean, I think headlines like the rerelease of
6067 (as 10000) should stay up for a lot more than a week, it would be such
a shame for people who were gone or something to miss a big thing like that.
Maybe we should have a top MOC-related news and top set-related news... I
dunno. I really think that it's really too bad that people go without
knowing this kinda stuff.

   Yep, I really do mean "heartening," because it means that there's
   so very much great stuff going on that everyone misses a little
   something (except a few, you know who you are ;) ) because there
   are only so many hours in a day!  Now, I'd love to think we can
   all be on top of everything 24/7/~365.25, but it's just not as easy
   anymore.  And the inability of any one person--those few, again,
   excepted--to fully grapple with it all is a sign of growth and
   vibrancy.  IMHO.

  it implies that so
  very much is going on that even "regulars" miss big releases
  until very late--e.g., my missing the Sopwith Camel LEGO
  sculpture set until *after* its release.

Right... but don't you think that's a *bad* thing?

   I might think so, but only because I looked like a dork at
   first, thinking it might be a MOC.  :)  But what I've said
   above holds, at least for me.  Maybe I'm just in optimist
   mode now that summer's here, I have two nice jobs, and
   my own course (for once).  Oh yeah, I upgraded my machine
   on Saturday, and my DSL gets turned on next week.  Yeeeha!
   (Should 30-somethings be going "yeeeha?")

Just my 2 cents (soon to be my 8 agorot)...

   I've been meaning to ask when you'll get access to the
   whole shebang again.  If memory serves, you've been operating
   on a truncated collection for some time, with much away in
   storage...are you going before Brickfest or after?

   best

   Lindsay