 General / 30852
Re: "Classic" sets & Brickshelf instruction scans?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 19:32:35 GMT

In lugnet.general, Richard Marchetti writes:
In lugnet.general, Eric Joslin writes:
Does that mean that persuant to LEGO policy about serving scans of
instructions for "currently available" sets, Brickshelf will have to take
down the scans, until the "new" sets have been retired?

First, to my knowledge there is no such policy on the part of TLC, the
Brickshelf 3 year waiting period for posting instruction scans is
self-imposed by Kevin Loch.

Second, are you suggesting that posting such instructions scans is illegal
because it is copyrighted material? ::gasp::

Hey, Dick, thanks for your witty and insightful comments.

First, I don't have references in front of me, but I'm relatively sure that
LEGO has given a semi-official "ok" to posting the instruction scans, as long
as the sets are out of production.

Second, I wasn't suggesting anything of the sort.  Since I'm pretty sure LEGO
doesn't care about the instruction scans as things stand now (see above), I was
merely wondering if anyone (or, more specifically, Kevin Loch) knew what LEGO's
position on having the instructions for discontinued, but "re-released", sets
scanned and served online.

eric