 General / 30841
30840  |  30842
Subject:
Post Announcement Reaction Assessment Study
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 15:23:47 GMT

Now that everyone knows what the July Surprise is and all the reactions have
started pouring in I'd like to conduct a survey of the various reactions
folks had upon reading the announcement.

Please respond to this posting and let me know whether you had one of the
following involuntary reactions:

- Gasp (indicating a momentary inability to actually draw a breath)
- Tears of Joy
- Soiled Undergarments (you can provide details if desired)
- Fainted (and any subsequent injuries that resulted from fainting)
- Outrage (did you just spend $150 on this set last week)
- Cardiac Arrest Symptons
- Cardiac Arrest (literal - required medical attention)
- Orgasm (physically NOT mentally)
- Fell out of Chair (and any subsequent injuries resulting)
- Scream/Shriek/Yell/Whoop (and any resulting disturbances)
- Shocked Disbelief (how many times did you read it before believing?)
- Frozen Numbness (literally could not move for a period of time)
- Eyeballs fell out of head (easily popped back in most cases)
- Seizure (or uncontrollable shaking)
- Yawn
- Combination of 2 or more of the above
- Other - please let me know if something happened that's not listed

The results will be compiled and released as part of a sociological study on
AFOL's.  I think this will go a long ways toward helping to understand the
extent to which LEGO affects people who have dedicated their lives to the
Way of the Brick.

Also, if enough injuries could be documented perhaps a Class Action Suit
could be filed against TLC.  Instead of asking for money we could demand
that the Bulk Parts program be beefed up so that it caters to every
brick-based desire we have.

Thanks in advance for your participation in this study.

G.

P.S. Another study I'll be conducting related to The Announcement will be to
see how many postings are made in the weeks/months to come from folks who
will believe that they are delivering "breaking news" to the community.
I've already seen a couple of these and it's only been one day.