 General / 30767
30766  |  30768
Subject:
Dear LEGO Online Community
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 02:13:20 GMT

Hello.

Some of you may or may not know of me.  I am the webmaster for a Star Wars
LEGO website called "From Bricks to Bothans", or "FBTB" for short.  I'm not
completely sure if this is the appropriate place to make this post, so I
would appreciate it if Todd and/or Suzanne could bear with me on this one.

It would perhaps be best to give a short history of my interests and
involvement with LEGO toys.  Unlike most of you here, I have no history with
it.  None at all.  I don't think I ever played with it as a child (I am 31
now).  Truth to tell, I had never owned a set until 1999, when because I was
fed up with the action figure hobby I went out and bought a couple LEGO sets
instead.

The rest, as they say, is history.

When I started up the site, it was simply to try and carve a niche into the
online Star Wars collecting world.  LEGO was my ticket if I could pull it
off right.

But the trick is that my interests *now* (and for quite some time honestly),
after what has been an interesting year behind the scenes, are more towards
the LEGO community rather than the Star Wars collectibles community.

This is where my trouble is - I have an honest desire to involve both myself
and FBTB with the LEGO community at large, but I'm not sure exactly how to
pull it off.  I'm sure Brickfest would be a good place to start, but I'm
unable to make it this year.  Perhaps with the release of the new film next
year, Christine would consider letting me run an open forum for the Star
Wars line or something.

In the end, I'd like ideas - and I'll take any advice as well.  Thanks for
your time.

Tim Saupé
Webmaster, "From Bricks to Bothans"
http://colelctibles.echostation.com/fbtb