 General / 30738
Re: Identifying part
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 16:00:48 GMT

I guess you are right. I remember now that I saw another rare piece in my
friend's lego box, a 3 x 3 x 1 red door with clear window, which I have seen
in truck sets in lugnet guide. Thanks.

In lugnet.general, Gary Istok writes:
One possibility is late 1960's truck sets such as 334 (or possibly 310).  These
sets had 5x6 plates in blue, some possibly with a hole in the middle for the
steering column.  In the Samsonite versions (North America), some of the yellow
and red plates of this size were still made of Cellulose Acetate.