 General / 30536
RE: Google Groups r.t.l archive
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.people
Date:
Fri, 25 May 2001 15:19:01 GMT

Thomas Main writes:
I visited Google Groups (groups.google.com) today and noticed
that they have apparently finished their re-indexing of dejanews'
usenet archive.  You can now search for usenet posts back to early
'95.

Cool!  I found my first post:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&ic=1&th=d242856930a266a5,
6
as you can tell by the number of times I posted, most with at least one
broken link, I had no idea how to use Usenet at the time :)  I never took
the time to figure out how to reply to a post either...

I returned to RTL to actually participate about a year later in April 1997.
My first post with my own email address, which is fittingly, a roll call:
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=group:rec.toys.lego&ic=1&selm=336D126B.7FB
5%40pop.cwru.edu

Ah, the memories.  Hopefully I've matured a little in 5 years :)
--Bram

Bram Lambrecht
bram@cwru.edu
http://home.cwru.edu/~bxl34/